Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog. I hope that it is entertaining and informative. Or, well, at least entertaining. My goals are to use as many polysyllabic words as possible to exercise my vocabulary, and to record the delicious things I cook for dinner, as well as my (mis)adventures in trying to start an organic farm.



Sunday, October 17, 2010

I can see myself doing deep breathing

Last night, I thought about doing my deep breathing. Just contemplated it. Would I have done it if this was the actual practice month? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell.

This morning, I didn't do it. I thought about it while making breakfast, but I have such an established routine on Sunday mornings with so little time for additions that I can only see myself doing it if I find some way to fit it in while doing something else, which sort of negates the whole point of it.

But it is so important!

From healingdaily.com:

Deep breathing is important because it makes your lymphatic system work better. What is the lymph system? Some people think of it as the body’s sewage system. Every cell in your body is surrounded by lymph.


Here’s how the lymph system works: Blood is pumped from your heart through your arteries to the thin, porous capillaries. The blood carries nutrients and oxygen to the capillaries, where they are diffused into this fluid around the cells called lymph. The cells, having an intelligence or affinity for what they need, take nutrients and oxygen for their health and then excrete toxins, some of which go back into the capillaries. But dead cells, blood proteins, and other toxic material must be removed by the lymphatic system. And the lymphatic system is activated by deep breathing.

Yet another reason to do it!

No comments: