Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog. I hope that it is entertaining and informative. Or, well, at least entertaining. My goals are to use as many polysyllabic words as possible to exercise my vocabulary, and to record the delicious things I cook for dinner, as well as my (mis)adventures in trying to start an organic farm.



Friday, October 15, 2010

How great is deep breathing?

From path2healthyliving.com:

  • Recent studies show fast breathing rate is linked to high blood pressure
  • Studies have shown deep breathing benefits asthma sufferers.
  • Deep breathing reduces stress-if you are stressed, you breath in short, shallow bursts-To relax you do the opposite - breathing deeply
  • Deep breathing releases endorphins-the bodies own painkillers, into the system. This can help relieve headaches, sleeplessness, backaches and other stress related aches and pains.
  • Deep breathing helps to clear and focus the mind
  • Deep breathing strengthens weak abdominal and intestinal muscles

   
I thought about doing my deep breathing this morning--I even had time, also, before I had to leave to catch my bus. Will I remember tonight? That remains to be seen.